Wednesday 2 May 2012

Quilted Vintage Patchwork Chairs :: Japan & UK


As I was browsing in a department store in Kyoto, Japan I stumbled across a range of recycled patchwork chairs. Unfortunately I have no idea as to their origins as I was unable to converse with the assistant but what a great DIY patchwork project this would make at home!
Stool seen in a department store in Kyoto, Japan
In the past I have sourced something similar from furniture designers in the UK. Some of the suppliers designs are below. 
Chairs from Kelly Swallow (top left), Squint (top right) & Viva Terra (bottom)
As I have not seen many similar items made in Australia, I would like to get in touch with any Designers or Hobbyists in Australia who want to sell their recycled patchwork chairs.

Any recommendations would be most appreciated.

Have fun.




No comments:

Post a Comment