Thursday 30 June 2011

Retreat Accommodation :: Gaia Retreat, Byron, NSW


My birthday is soon approaching. Another year older and another year wiser and all that. 

I now see Birthday's as a chance to relax, unwind and chill out with a glass of wine and a soak in an outdoor spa! 

Last year was a bit of a milestone and a lovely skiing holiday in Falls Creek. I am now on the hunt for my birthday weekend break and I suppose that this post is a little hint to my husband...

Now this place I have had my eye on for a few years... 

Gaia is a retreat style accommodation, created by Olivia Newton-John and friend Gregg Cave from a run down farm in the Byron Bay Hinterland in 2004. 

The retreat is meant to reflects Olivia's connection with the environment, her healthy attitude to life and a statement of her personal style. 

This clearly comes through with the types of wellness programs that they run, their use of organic and locally grown produce and Byron's peaceful setting. 

I would say in style terms this is a place where "bare-foot meets contemporary Asian eclectic", with the decor mixing influences form Asian, Rococo style and natural contemporary furniture and materials.
The Kukura House - A Somoan style contemporary longhouse
The Decor - Where Asian meets contemporary, natural and eclectic
What a view!
No wonder I am drawn to this place!

Have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment