Sunday 27 March 2011

Recycled timber furniture

Today I am going to interrupt my flow on kitchens but return next week with food recycling ideas for your kitchen...

Yesterday I spent a delightful morning strolling around the Bangalow Markets. I love these markets as you never know what local craft talent you will discover.

I am currently in the process of renovating our 1950's bathroom so I have been on the look out for a piece of recycled furniture, a table or a cabinet that can be restored and used as my bathroom vanity storage unit. It has been months and has been a difficult task to source this item as the item needs to be no bigger 350mm deep and requires storage space. Most furniture is a lot deeper than this and with limited storage.
So I was excited to discover Johnny from Plank Furniture, a local furniture maker who makes custom built furniture made from recycled and reclaimed timber materials. He uses mostly local Australian Hardwood timbers such as Tassie Oak, Ironbark, Camphor, Silky Oak, and Cedar sourced in the Northern Rivers area of NSW.

His talents not only lie with making furniture but he can also build recycled timber kitchens and kitchen counters!
images via Plank Furniture
I will definitely be interested in pulling together some recycled timber furniture ideas for my bathroom and will let you know how it all progresses.

Next week I will return with how to incorporate food recycling options within your kitchen.

Have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment